Handbags are the most preferred fashion accessory for every woman, varying from small to large sizes, used to carry their personal items. It’s a fashion accessory for women as well as a useful accessory that helps them carry all their necessities. Handbags come in various designs, shapes & sizes that could be used by women in various occasions.
There are various kinds of handbags that are apt for various occasions. A wrong kind of handbag carried by a woman at an unsuitable occasion completely distorts her appearance and fashion statement. So, women have always got to take care to match their handbags and the occasion they use if for.
Some of the different kinds of handbags are:
1. Clutch: A small rectangular purse without a handle to be hand held by women. Such clutches go well with formals and give a classy look. When carried by women wearing a saree, it’s great!
2. Satchels: It’s a bag with a long strap worn across the shoulder. It’s worn with casuals and most by students. Especially when worn with western outfits, it gives a classy look. It gives a trendy look to both guys & girls. It comes in various styles, patch works, embroidery, denim material and many more designs. It’s being preferred by majority of the youth.
3. Shoulder Strap Bag: It’s the bag preferred by 80% of the women today. Such bags come in a very wide variety in various styles & sizes. It consists of a short strap hung over the shoulders, it may consist of a single or a double strap. These bags are not suitable for formal outfits, but they go very well with semi formals and casuals.
4. Tote Bags: Tote bags are usually larger in size made up of materials such as jute, heavy canvas, heavy nylon and similar materials. But, these days, such bags are made from recycled materials. Such bags are very useful when we go to grocery shops and when we do some simple shopping. I would suggest people to go in for tote bags, since they are eco friendly and also affordable.
5. Duffel: These are long horizontal cylindrical bags, similar to clutches that give a very grand look to the person carrying it. They are mostly embedded with stones or have embroidery designs giving a classy look. Duffels are apt to be carried in parties or functions.
6. Half moon bags (or) Hobo bags: Such bags are in a half moon shape made up of soft materials very apt to be carried with casual outfits. Such bags have a long strap to be hung around the shoulders. They go well with jeans, skirts and other casual outfits.
7. Muff: A small clutch like bag made up of fur, wool or velvet with compartments inside for holding various things and they’ve got no straps but a clip that’s got to be clutched. It has to be handheld which looks neat & good.
Therefore, every woman has to take care to select the bags apt for the occasion, be it a wedding party, casual outings, shopping, college going or any other visit. The bag women carry must suit the occasion and the outfit they are in. Since handbag is a vital fashion accessory, great care has to be taken while selecting them. Because they are capable of distorting the entire look of the person, or they can even misinterpret the fashion statement of a woman.